Unlock the drive programatically
Sony Kalkan
2007-09-26 12:51:24 UTC
Hi,
I want to unlock the drive programmatically ? is there an api function
related to it. For instance, when i run chkdsk with /F parameter, i
get "drive in use" error . I want to unlock drive programmatically and
execute chkdsk

Thank you in advance,

Sony.
df
2007-09-27 10:24:50 UTC
Post by Sony Kalkan
Hi,
Hi
Post by Sony Kalkan
I want to unlock the drive programmatically ? is there an api function
related to it. For instance, when i run chkdsk with /F parameter, i
get "drive in use" error . I want to unlock drive programmatically and
execute chkdsk
Just read [1] and try
chkdsk /X
...anyways , i guess u cant "unlock" the system partition...

HtH
Stefan

[1]
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/de/library/ServerHelp/8f7ffab9-a5e7-4de9-907a-0f172b5a6a4e.mspx?mfr=true
df
2007-09-27 10:28:55 UTC
Post by Sony Kalkan
Hi,
Hi
Post by Sony Kalkan
I want to unlock the drive programmatically ? is there an api function
related to it. For instance, when i run chkdsk with /F parameter, i
get "drive in use" error . I want to unlock drive programmatically and
execute chkdsk
Try
chkdsk /X
but read [1] first