Please help - Delphi app communicating with PocketPC
Ben Daniel
2007-06-01 03:30:53 UTC
Hi there,

Anyone out there got code for a windows delphi app to transfer files
to/from a Pocket PC.

I have a RAPI.pas unit which I've gotten off the internet and while I
can seemingly connect to the Pocket PC I am getting access violations
calling CeCopyFile function. I think it might just be me calling it
wrong but have also heard there are bugs in the RAPI.pas unit so I
just don't know.

Can anyone using RAPI in Delphi please post some code on how to copy
files onto/off a pocket pc?

Thanks,
Ben
h***@gmail.com
2007-07-31 00:25:38 UTC
CeCopyFile can only copy one file on the Pocket PC to another file on
the Pocket PC. To move files between PC and Pocket PC, you will need
to find a 3rd party library or write your own function. Microsoft
Mobile SDK has C example to copy file from PC to Pocket or from Pocket
to PC.

There is no mention of this restriction in MSDN documentation, but be
aware that CeCopyFile requires both lpExistingFileName and
lpNewFileName refer to files on remote device. If you want to copy
files from PC to remote device or from remote device to PC, you can
refer to samples: Pget, and Pput provided in Windows Mobile SDK (in
Mobile 5.0 SDK, the samples are under: Samples\CPP\Win32\Rapi).

Ref:
http://developertips.blogspot.com/2007/07/cecopyfile-rapi-requires-both-files-on.html