Open files on server
Mark
2007-01-24 22:18:45 UTC
I have searched and searched with finding an answer. I want to have a
tool that can tell me who has a file open. This file can be open by an
application running under the server console, under a user through a
terminal server connection, or by a user through a shared directory.

I can see the files open with shares under computer management, but the
files open by local applications are not listed. If an app opens a
file off the root of the c:\ drive (ie: c:\somefile.txt), how can I
detect the user and application that has this file open?
Mark