Find filepath
BB
2006-10-01 19:30:36 UTC
Hi Guys,
Two questions here.Need logical help...please help.
I am using subclassing..CreateWindowEx to findout
filename.

1>How can i find path of any file when user open it before
window is activated. For example , I run Microsoft Excel and select 3rd
most "recently used file list" to open. Or double clicking any excel
file in explorer and opening it. In both cases you can see path , but
how my app will know what file name & path user is trying to open? I am
not looking for any information on recently used files.
2>You can always findout Window Title of active window. If
active window have listbox is there any way to find out selected text?
For example . How to findout selected email text from Inbox in outlook
window? Or Active window text in Microsoft Office word if more than one
documents are open?

In both cases what best subclassing option to trap message
when windows is being created? or file being created?

Thank you for your help

--BB
Riki Wiki
2006-10-04 23:58:50 UTC
Hoi

You need to repost your question on the Borland news server to make
everybody see it and possibly answer your question. Further, this newsgroup
do not officially exist, use newsgroup b.p.d.nativeapi.win32.

How to post to Delphi newsgroups:
<http://delphi.wikia.com/wiki/Delphi_Newsgroups>