Delphi vs VB6 vs C# (.NET) Tips
g***@gmail.com
2007-02-03 13:09:58 UTC
Hi all,
I am a VB6 programmer, wants to migrate to some other language because
of following reasons.
Most of my projects are Video Playback, Text/Image overlay on Video
etc.

Since I could'nt use VMR9, 1ms (Hi-Res) Timer from VB6 I need to seek
the help from
C++ activeX OCX.

It's really annoying me to wait for a long time with C++ coders.
So that, I thought of learning any of the bellow language myself.

Turbo Delphi 7
C# (.NET)
VB (.NET)

I need the answer for my below questions to conclude my research.

1) Can I use 1ms Interval Timer (Hi-Res) in Delphi without any 3rd
party tool ?
2) Can I do Multi Threading Programs in Delphi ?
3) Can I use VMR9 in Delphi ?

Pls. let me know which language will suite for me to do everything.

Thanks in advance
Alpha
df
2007-02-19 11:27:33 UTC
Post by g***@gmail.com
1) Can I use 1ms Interval Timer (Hi-Res) in Delphi without any 3rd
party tool ?
The Delphi-7 Timer has minimum 10 ms Interval, at least on Windows-XP.