Code: 126. The specified module could not be found
RobertTheBruce
2006-09-08 15:20:39 UTC
Using Delphi 2006. I get this error when I try and execute the
procedure LoadLibraries, in the main application exe. But I just can't
seem to get past this bug.

I'm trying to load a DLL file that is part of the project. When I use
an earlier version of the DLL compiled with D7, it works fine, but as
soon as use the D2006 version i get the error.

Can you help?

Rob
RobertTheBruce
2006-09-11 11:43:08 UTC
Post by RobertTheBruce
Using Delphi 2006. I get this error when I try and execute the
procedure LoadLibraries, in the main application exe. But I just can't
seem to get past this bug.
I managed to fix this horrible problem myself, by using a free bit of
software called Dependency Walker, which was able to tell me what
'module' was missing.

You simply run it against your exe and it tells you exactly which
module is missing, which in my case was a DLL file. As soon as I put
this DLL into the same location as the application exe it worked fine.

What a great bit of software - I highly recommend it.
Riki Wiki
2006-09-17 11:32:44 UTC
Hoi Robert

Great that you solved your own problem. For next time you post to need to
be aware that this newsgroup do not officially exist. Also you need to
understand the importance of posting on the Borland news server.

How to post to Delphi newsgroups:
<http://delphi.wikia.com/wiki/Delphi_Newsgroups>