scan reigstry and repair
bluvia
2006-10-15 21:24:28 UTC
I try to make a registry scan program to find corrupted keys

I have problems following code It must be correct but I face this error
message

I didnt get it why ?

const Root : Array[0..3] of Char = ('A', ':', '\', #0);
function TForm1.DoAnalyzeValue(const Key, Value: String): Boolean;
var
DriveType: UINT;
FileName: String;
begin
Result := TRUE;

{ Verify if the string can be treated as path (and file name)}
if Length(Value) < 3 then Exit;
if not (UpCase(Value[1]) in ['C'..'Z']) then Exit;
if Pos(';', Value) > 0 then Exit;
if Pos(',', Value) > 0 then Exit;
if Pos(' ', Value) > 0 then Exit;
if (Value[2] <> ':') or (Value[3] <> '\') then Exit;

====> Root[0]:=Value[1]; //is there wrong thing here ? // error
message : left side can not be assigned to

DriveType := GetDriveType(Root);
begin
if (ExtractFileExt(Value) = '') then
begin

I couldnt run because of error message so I have deleted this line but
when I run my program , It can not find corrupted keys I didnt get it
why ? .
Riki Wiki
2006-11-22 06:32:38 UTC
Hoi

You need to repost your question in newsgroup b.p.d.nativeapi.win32 because
this newsgroup do not officially exist.

How to post to Delphi newsgroups:
<http://delphi.wikia.com/wiki/Delphi_Newsgroups>